The Network Cloud Engineer leads networking and network administration efforts for the VA data migration and data syndication project within both WAN and LAN environments. Configuring switches, routers, and networking devices allow the network to be agile and highly productive. Job responsibilities of the engineer include collaborating with stakeholders to improve network performance. Leading projects from planning to completion. Offer support to users, who can be staff, clients, customers and suppliers, and troubleshoot any problems that arise. The ideal candidate should possess passion and patience as we transform to a model of continuous interaction and continuous improvement.
Bachelor’s Degree degree in either Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
Five (5) years of relevant experience, or 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Design network solutions that would improve the efficiency of current networks, in support of Supply Chain products.
- Support network troubleshooting activities to isolate and diagnose common network/connection issues.
- Understand, develop, follow and improve the organization processes to establish network flows/connections across multiple networks/domains.
- Conduct line-of-sight testing to verify the network connections.
- Develop network topology diagrams and DoDAF artifacts that represent the network boundaries and traffic flows associated with a particular Supply Chain product(s).
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and framework.
- Create new and re-engineer existing processes, workflows, scripts, and automation to improve quality and efficiency.
- Leverage enterprise network management platforms and practices to efficiently and effectively run large-scale deployments.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments.
- Collaborate with the external development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy.
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies including Service Level Agreements, network monitoring, and assessing network health.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues.
- Experience in scalable networking design, including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing.
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing protocols, switching, IPsec and SSL VPNs, load balancing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, packet analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Docker Containers.
- Must be detail oriented, attention to details, task driven, and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers.
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases.