November 18, 2021
March 31, 2022
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional with proven experience, technical depth, and a passion to help Veterans. In this position, you will work with a team to manage the platform infrastructure and associated processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
Minimum 6 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Work directly with the Sustainment team and project leadership to ensure system integrity.
- Design, implement, maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a cloud infrastructure.
- Design, implement, maintain monitoring infrastructure for live services with uptime commitments.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and work on security strengthening and remediation options.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve collection and response times to service-impacting events.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations best practices.
- Being part of a rotating on-call team to troubleshoot services off-hours if needed.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Manage CI and CD tools with team.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
- Experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes platform.
- Experience with DevOps and automation frameworks, including Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with Linux infrastructures, databases (SQL), scripting such as Bash, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Agile workflow methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with continuous monitoring and logging tools, including Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, AlertManager, PagerDuty, Pingdom, Splunk.
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS and Azure, and their associated services/tools.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Up to date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Experience working with the VA OI&T
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Experience with AWS; certifications are a plus.